rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] RARE/freeRtr Polka integration progress

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] RARE/freeRtr Polka integration progress

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: "Rafael S. Guimaraes" <>
  • Cc: Rafael S. Guimarães <>, Cristina Klippel Dominicini <>,
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] RARE/freeRtr Polka integration progress
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 14:59:15 +0100

hi,

On 3/25/21 1:51 PM, Rafael S. Guimaraes wrote:

@Csaba, feel free to contact me any time!

at the moment all i know is that sent on this public mailing and my own
research (your paper from doi search engines:))

knowing these, you should have come up with a p4 dataplane integration into
- http://sources.nop.hu/misc/p4lang/ for bmv2
- http://sources.nop.hu/misc/p4bf/ for tofino
- http://sources.nop.hu/misc/native/ for dpdk/libpcap
if i understand flou's words correctly, you're done with some of that
already:)
and you should have to proceed with the configuration parts...
some hints here are how
- rsvp-te http://sources.nop.hu/src/clnt/clntMplsTeP2p.java,
- sr-te http://sources.nop.hu/src/clnt/clntMplsSr.java,
- srv6 http://sources.nop.hu/src/clnt/clntSrExt.java
implemented in freertr to have the similar config interface for polka.
also to automate the dataplane testing, it would be nice if you could
come up with a pure java forwarder, hint here how nsh/mpls done:
http://sources.nop.hu/src/ip/ipMpls.java

if you have any questions or something to commit to,
feel free to drop over the fence and we'll see how to proceed... :)

thanks,
cs