edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] questions about the connectivity check

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] questions about the connectivity check

  • From: Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se>
  • To: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] questions about the connectivity check
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 09:16:18 +0200

Folk,

Recently I had occasion use the edugain connectivity check and I was seeing
a large degree of mismatch between the test results and reality in the sense
that several IdPs who are marked green still were unable to pick up a new
service I recently deployed.

Looking at the specs for the connectivity check [1] I found that tests are
only performed using two test SPs. Since we're not using signed authentication
requests it would be possible to randomize checks over a larger set of SPs.

I worry that IdPs are happy when they have passed the check which doesn't
help new services.

Would it be possible to volunteer services for inclusion into the set of
SPs used for testing?

Cheers Leif

[1] https://wiki.geant.org/display/eduGAIN/EduGAIN+Connectivity+Check