edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] questions about the connectivity check

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] questions about the connectivity check

  • From: Davide Vaghetti <davide.vaghetti AT garr.it>
  • To: Marco Malavolti <marco.malavolti AT garr.it>, edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] questions about the connectivity check
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 15:24:56 +0200

Hi,

for SPs exported to eduGAIN but not working with a specific IdP, I think
we need to also consider the import-from-eduGAIN policy of the
federation to which the IdP belongs. It's not new that those policy
varies wildly per federation. Some federations are importing all the
eduGAIN SPs as they are (maybe applying some filtering rules), while
some others select the SPs to publish on the basis of their
IdPs/HomeOrganizations requests. If I'm not wrong, the latter is the
case for SURFnet for example.

Cheers,
Davide

--