edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] questions about the connectivity check

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] questions about the connectivity check

  • From: Marco Malavolti <marco.malavolti AT garr.it>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] questions about the connectivity check
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 13:21:16 +0200

Hi to all,

I'm glad to read your feedback Leif and Peter, really! They will be
useful for our
ECCS2(https://wiki.geant.org/display/eduGAIN/eduGAIN+Connectivity+Check+2)
that I'm developing to be able to replace the actual ECCS. Try it and
give me your feedback, please! https://technical-test.edugain.org/eccs2

We're using those 2 service providers because they are member of two
different federations: GARR & SWITCHaai

I don't know who think to "break-the-rules" and add to his IdP only the
metadata of the SPs used by the check instead of following the
Federation Operator's instruction distributed to use edugain. I think it
is difficult that people do this only to see the "green" line on ECCS.

As Peter says, the problem you met can be dependent on how fast/often
the federations ingest the MDS feed, resign and republish it for their
communities.

Kind regards,

--
Marco Malavolti
Consortium GARR - Servizio IDEM GARR AAI