edugain-discuss - Sv: [eduGAIN-discuss] reference for expired certificate warning

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Sv: [eduGAIN-discuss] reference for expired certificate warning

  • From: Pål Axelsson <pax AT sunet.se>
  • To: Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at>, Zenon Mousmoulas <zmousm AT noc.grnet.gr>
  • Cc: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>, edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Sv: [eduGAIN-discuss] reference for expired certificate warning
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 16:02:44 +0100

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/MicrosoftInterop#Mic
> rosoftInterop-ADFSV2
> But that page hasn't been updated for years (and there's also no
supported
> Shibboleth software left that would be maintained in the "SHIB2" space
of
> that wiki, so it's purely of historical relevance).
> Chris P. et al. will know all about the current state of affairs trying
to interop
> with MS-ADFS, though.

Hi,

The problem with expired certificates still hits ADFS servers.Microsoft is
using the same TLS library for everything. We had that discussion within
SWAMID a month ago and did a recheck.

The effect is that your users will not be able to login to a service
"protected" with ADFS if your IdP has expired certificates andviceversa.

Pål