edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN Connectivity Check Service for individual SPs

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN Connectivity Check Service for individual SPs

  • From: Jozef Misutka <misutka AT ufal.mff.cuni.cz>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN Connectivity Check Service for individual SPs
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 13:42:27 +0100

On 3/3/2017 1:25 PM, Lukas Hämmerle wrote:
On 03.03.17 12:50, Leif Johansson wrote:
this and adapt ECCS. As you say, this would however mean that each IdP
currently would be hammered more than a thousand requests per day
good!
Admit it Leif, you bribed Jozef to ask for the same feature, right?
If that was on a public mailing list, I missed it.

@Jozef: How many beers does he owe you ;-)

;) on the contrary, we both will owe the one who implements it.

just add an extension to the authnrequest saying this is a probe
That's an option, but obviously would result in some (limited) extra
work at all federations that monitor these requests.

this would introduce too much delay for the applications I've been
thinking about - its more important that the API returns quickly
then that the test is 100% fresh IMO
Yes, I think I can agree with that.

For us a regular monitoring would be enough, from time to time (or after a change) checking if the number of not working IdPs increased considerably.

jm

Best Regards
Lukas