edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN Connectivity Check Service for individual SPs

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN Connectivity Check Service for individual SPs

  • From: Lukas Hämmerle <lukas.haemmerle AT switch.ch>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN Connectivity Check Service for individual SPs
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 13:25:13 +0100

On 03.03.17 12:50, Leif Johansson wrote:
>> this and adapt ECCS. As you say, this would however mean that each IdP
>> currently would be hammered more than a thousand requests per day
>
> good!

Admit it Leif, you bribed Jozef to ask for the same feature, right?
@Jozef: How many beers does he owe you ;-)

> just add an extension to the authnrequest saying this is a probe

That's an option, but obviously would result in some (limited) extra
work at all federations that monitor these requests.

> this would introduce too much delay for the applications I've been
> thinking about - its more important that the API returns quickly
> then that the test is 100% fresh IMO

Yes, I think I can agree with that.

Best Regards
Lukas

--
SWITCH
Lukas Hämmerle, Central Solutions

30 years of pioneering the Swiss Internet. Celebrate with us at
https://swit.ch/30years