edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Machine readable and 'trusted' interfederation metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Machine readable and 'trusted' interfederation metadata

  • From: Niels van Dijk <niels.vandijk AT surfnet.nl>
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>, edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Machine readable and 'trusted' interfederation metadata
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 11:05:37 +0200

Thanks all for your feedback.

I agree that if the info is hosted on a trusted domain like
edugain.org there is no need to create a SAML stream for it. It might
be nice however to put a pointer to
http://www.edugain.org/technical/status.php in the eduGAIN metadata,
as that provides just the kind of context one would need.

I would prefer not to do "screen scraping" a GUI, but what Tomasz
suggerst would work just fine I would think.

@Tomasz: Nice! The only think missing for my usecase is I think is the
'displaynames' and emails of the delegate and deputy. Is it a problem
to just publish all of the data in a json format? ANd is it possible
to include the membership status as well? (Sorry if this sounds like
dumping a shopping list....)

Many thanks!
Niels