cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT tool for UCL (Ref:IN:00189393)

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT tool for UCL (Ref:IN:00189393)

  • From: Dubravko Voncina <dubravko.voncina AT srce.hr>
  • To: Jon Agland <Jon.Agland AT jisc.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "a.barker AT ucl.ac.uk" <a.barker AT ucl.ac.uk>, "d.ansong AT ucl.ac.uk" <d.ansong AT ucl.ac.uk>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>, "e.cardinal-richards AT ucl.ac.uk" <e.cardinal-richards AT ucl.ac.uk>, "stefan.winter AT restena.lu" <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, "a.uhde AT ucl.ac.uk" <a.uhde AT ucl.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT tool for UCL (Ref:IN:00189393)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 16:16:19 +0200

Hello all,

According to our SP log, UCL IdP still doesn't provide NameID Format value
within <Subject></Subject> field:

<saml2:Issuer>https://shib-idp.ucl.ac.uk/shibboleth</saml2:Issuer>
<saml2:Subject>
<saml2:SubjectConfirmation Method="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:cm:bearer">
<saml2:SubjectConfirmationData Address="128.40.223.152"
InResponseTo="_473b16dd49f055833f88e0b668b731f7581b2e5591"
NotOnOrAfter="2017-07-14T12:29:51.518Z"
Recipient="https://monitor.eduroam.org/sp/module.php/saml/sp/saml2-acs.php/default-sp"/>
</saml2:SubjectConfirmation>
</saml2:Subject>

Unfortunatelly, although UCL IdP releases attribute eduPersonTargetedID which
should be sufficient for user authorization, current authorization workflow
requires IdP to also provide NameID Format value within <Subject></Subject>
part of the AuthNResponse message.

I'll check if I can improve authorization process, but considering my other
obligations, it will take me at least couple of weeks to find a solution that
will suit everyone.

Dubravko Voncina
Middleware and Data Services Department
University of Zagreb, University Computing Centre, www.srce.unizg.hr
dubravko.voncina AT srce.hr,
tel: +385 98 219273, fax: +385 1 6165559