cat-users - [[cat-users]] eduroam CAT

[[cat-users]] eduroam CAT

  • From: "Visser,Ramon R.D." <r.visser AT fontys.nl>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] eduroam CAT
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 08:37:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: nl-NL, en-US

Hi helpdesk,

I have a question about the eduroam CAT application wich we are enabling for our institute in the Netherlands with approximately 60k of employees and students.

Eduroam CAT is in a pilot phase and we are very positive about this functionality. During the POC we discovered that it’s far more easy for employees and students setting up a secure wireless eduroam configuration on their unmanaged devices. Finally the radius servers identity are easily validated with our signed radius DigiCert certificates.

During the POC we only discovered two issues.

1.       antivirus related.

Customers with F-Secure antivirus client experience application block popups on their Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 devices:

Application was blocked. This was determined to be a high-risk application by system control heuristics.

Application path: \\?\c:\users\877590\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\n54da4ra\eduroam-w10-fh-uc.exe

File hash: 3b6cad0f6a27786e0623047caf28d932438c9431

When we upload the file to Virustotal we see some other AV apps having the same result:

Windows 7: https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/12c312f680ff42fe35949ae2376f460302c02f884e99c85223ab52c5f272bc5d/analysis/1485186199/

Windows 8: https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/aa5407be6509e134b4ed9042e7ad6639bf20e4de9e7a3d09db60ebf0ed27b962/analysis/1485185921/

Windows 10: https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/ede9c6b1a33490c0d75bede2c88ff9ecdb3dfaefc51e0c623287719dae497479/analysis/

2.       Windows 10 Mobile support. Any news concerning this platform when it will be supported?

User receive now the android 6 installer instead of a platform not supported link

In case you need more information please do not hesitate contacting me.

Best regards,

Ramon Visser

cid:image001.jpg@01D15E6A.34F41210

Ramon Visser Projectmedewerker, Dienst IT Fontys Hogescholen
Het Eeuwsel 2, 5612 AS
Gebouw S1, kamer 3.12 Postbus 347, 5600 AH Eindhoven
r.visser AT fontys.nl +31618390398

Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:
http://www.fontys.nl/disclaimer
The above disclaimer applies to this e-mail message.