cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Is it possible to get the content of the Windows CAT installer

Re: [[cat-users]] Is it possible to get the content of the Windows CAT installer

  • From: Thomas Andersen <than AT itu.dk>
  • To: Martin Kjeldgaard Nikolajsen <martinn AT samf-it.ku.dk>, Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Is it possible to get the content of the Windows CAT installer
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 07:27:51 +0000
  • Accept-language: da-DK, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Hi Martin,

Personally, I’m a Linux kinda guy. I just find the options on windows client
and tell the GPO guy what I want. Then they fix it :)

One obstacle we have met, is that we started using the windows credentials
for for eduroam authentication. It works fine here on our radius servers but
as soon as people visit other eduroam locations, they are unable to login
because ITU\than (me) is not valid.

Because of this, we have changed the GPO so that we do not use windows
credentials but tell people to use their email address as login. With the
issue you are referring to, the above should fix it as they would be asked
for the correct password if the login fails.

I’ll talk to the GPO guy and see if he can export what we do.

Br,
Thomas

On 31/05/16 09:22, "Martin Kjeldgaard Nikolajsen"
<martinn AT samf-it.ku.dk>