cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Remove/Disable SSID

Re: [[cat-users]] Remove/Disable SSID

  • From: Thomas Andersen <than AT itu.dk>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Remove/Disable SSID
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 20:51:44 +0000
  • Accept-language: da-DK, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Hi,

To elaborate a bit, afaik on OS X the CAT uses profiles, where we use an actual program on windows.
This means that on OS X you cannot delete the SSID, but what it will do, is reconfigure it so it will get to the bottom of the list and for what i can see in the profile, it says auto join to false as shown below with our guest SSID.
This also means that a computer that has never been on the wifi you want to remove, will actually have it configured after using CAT – though unable to connect to it.

I will try on older OS X also to see it we also have problems on those.

<key>AutoJoin</key>
<false/>
<key>EncryptionType</key>
<string>None</string>
<key>HIDDEN_NETWORK</key>
<false/>
<key>IsHotspot</key>
<false/>
<key>PayloadDescription</key>
<string>This SSID should not be used after bootstrapping eduroam</string>
<key>PayloadDisplayName</key>
<string>Disabled WiFi network</string>
<key>PayloadIdentifier</key>
<string>org.1x-config.eduroam.dk.it_university_of_copenhagen.all_users.en_GB.wifi.disabled.0</string>
<key>PayloadType</key>
<string>com.apple.wifi.managed</string>
<key>PayloadUUID</key>
<string>b7f77ada-28af-64a7-82bd-37951c448fec</string>
<key>PayloadVersion</key>
<string>ITU-guest</string>

Br,
Thomas