cat-users - Re: [cat-users] New CAT 1.1 iPhone Issues

Re: [cat-users] New CAT 1.1 iPhone Issues

  • From: Philippe Hanset <phanset AT anyroam.net>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] New CAT 1.1 iPhone Issues
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 08:44:05 -0400

Stefan,

Since the rule of eduroam is that IdPs are the first and primary source of
support of their users
it seems logical to let IdPs decide what to do with the proxy-WPAD and HS2.0
options (or any “strong” option for that matter)
since, in the end, they will be the ones being called about it.

If IdPs turn HS2.0 off and users can’t join an HS2.0 SP because of this
decision, in general,
those users will again call their IdPs for support.

I definitely vote for letting IdPs decide what to do with those options,
and allow those features to be per-IdP items.

Philippe

Philippe Hanset
www.eduroam.us