cat-users - Re: [cat-users] FW: CAT

Re: [cat-users] FW: CAT

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] FW: CAT
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:34:51 +0100

W dniu 2014-01-29 15:01, Stefan Winter pisze:
Are we maybe specifically talking Windows Vista/7 built-in PEAP here?
That is the only place I recall where adding an explicit realm as outer
ID is not possible, because it's derived from the realm of the inner ID
instead (stupid as that may be).
Also W8, but any PEAP is supposed to work like this, since this is what PEAP specification states. Therefore we cannot really expect things to chanhe here.
Actually it would be interesting to see if Apple PEAP could be configured with different realms inside and outside, also not sure how RADIUS implementation handle PEAP.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576