cat-users - Re: [cat-users] FW: CAT

Re: [cat-users] FW: CAT

  • From: "Tom Ivar Myren" <tom.myren AT uninett.no>
  • To: "'Alan Buxey'" <A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk>, "'Tomasz Wolniewicz'" <twoln AT umk.pl>, <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] FW: CAT
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:41:39 +0100

I agree.

Couldn’t the installer both have text saying realm must be part of the
username and in addition add realm if @ is missing?

At NTNU they do accept just the username locally, partly solved using
XpressConnect.

Of course they have a few cases where users cannot roam, which they fear
might increase if CAT cannot force realm into username.

And, yes they should change their practice anyway…

/Tom