cat-users - Re: [cat-users] not working

Re: [cat-users] not working

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] not working
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:06:05 +0100

Hi Scott,
W dniu 2013-12-11 08:58, Scott Armitage pisze:
However, from support cases I have seen at Loughborough some Windows 8.1
devices seem to have poor wireless drivers which don’t like doing 802.1X /
EAP. I have seen cases were a device previously worked with Windows 8, is
then updated to 8.1 and will no longer connect to eduroam. Yet if you put a
USB wireless dongle into the laptop it will connect to eduroam using the USB
wireless adapter. One device I did some debug on wouldn’t ACK the DHCP
offer. I could see from the debugging on the wireless controller it would
authenticate and was offered a lease by the DHCP server, but would never ACK
the offer.
Things can get really strange. Recently we had a case when some Vista users were observing a similar thing - authentication went fine, DHCP was offering addresses, but these DHCP replies never reached clients. Other clients connected just fine. When we have rebooted the controller the problems went away. How was Vista special in this case, we never found out.
Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576