rare-users - [RARE-users] how to use monitor-session

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

[RARE-users] how to use monitor-session

  • From: Xavier Jeannin <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [RARE-users] how to use monitor-session
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 15:46:49 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth02.partage.renater.fr 54661A01DF

Hello

I try to use "monitor-session"
According to "https://docs.freertr.net/guides/reference/md/conn-eth19.tst/";, I think I have also to add monitor-direction stanza?

1) When monitor session is activate in the configuration, where can I read the result of this monitor-session? in "logging file" ? but I see nothing new

2) Strange behaviour
I put  monitor-session sdn7.11
then I put  monitor-direction both and then the ping that traversed this router failed down
If I put monitor-direction tx -- then the ping continue to work

DAV0001(cfg)#interface sdn7.11
DAV0001(cfg-subif)#monitor-session sdn7.11
DAV0001(cfg-subif)#monitor-direction both
DAV0001(cfg-subif)#show running-config this
interface sdn7.11
 description "DAV0001 SDN7.11 BRIDGE 1"
 monitor-session sdn7.11
 bridge-group 1