rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] capture packet at interface

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] capture packet at interface

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , Xavier Jeannin <>
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] capture packet at interface
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 16:20:26 +0100

you can run "pack cap sdnX" in freerouter on all the platforms....

On 3/11/22 16:16, Xavier Jeannin wrote:
Dear All,

We would like to check the packets that arrive on a RARE/FreeRtr switch
(especially the encapsulation used - check the VLAN tag).
Would it be possible to start a TCPDump on 1 interface and generate a pcap file that we
could then "scp" on our laptop for checking?
If it is possible I suppose the process to use TCPDump should change
according to the platform: Wedge, DPDK, BMv2?

Thank you
Xavier