rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] capture packet at interface

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] capture packet at interface

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , Xavier Jeannin <>
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] capture packet at interface
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 12:04:00 +0100

hi,

On 3/14/22 12:00, Xavier Jeannin wrote:
Thank you very much Csaba

I ping from DAV0102 11.11.11.3 on DAV0101 and it works

The packet capture works nicely on DAV 0101 (DPDK version) both on sdn5 and
sdn5.11
But I am not able to capture any Ping packets on the intermediate switch
DAV0001 (Wedge) netiher on sdn15, sdn7 nor on sdn7.11.
On these interface, I can see LLD and L2 broadcast, so I suppose (certainly
wrong) that we can capture only packets that goes to control plane?

exactly, the packets that does not require control plane intervention cannot
be captured this way...
for that, we could do monitor-session on the corresponding (sub)interface....

regards,
cs

Thank you
Xavier

Le 11/03/2022 16:20, mc36 a crit :
you can run "pack cap sdnX" in freerouter on all the platforms....