rare-users - Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] rare testing....

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] rare testing....

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , Simon Leinen <>
  • Subject: Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] rare testing....
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 06:40:25 +0100

ohhh, forgot to mention netconf, because that guy can also read these
sensors....
that one have a fancy tool to auto-generate the models from the parser...
regards,
cs

On 3/8/21 6:34 AM, mc36 wrote:
hi,

On 3/7/21 5:34 PM, Simon Leinen wrote:
Is this using SNMP counters natively? (Because those have a pretty
well-defined semantic.)

so in freertr, we have a thing called sensor framework.
you define what u want to export and the reading happens from the show
outputs.
(these are tables internally, just formatted to display to the user when on
terminal)

on the other hand, we have prometheus, snmp and telemetry who consume these
sensors and can export them.
when it comes to snmp, it's a framework again, that is, u have to write the
oid to have it readable.
when it comes to iface mib, some of the oids are there:
http://sources.nop.hu/misc/snmp/
not mine, i never useded but saw it working with a custom nms 10 years ago.

regards,
cs