rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] how to activate netconf

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] how to activate netconf

  • From: David Schmitz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] how to activate netconf
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 09:06:28 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Jan 2023, mc36 wrote:

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 18:06:46 +0100
From: mc36 <>
To: David Schmitz <>,

ohhh and one more thing, when this whole fwod arrived to geant, we asked for a flowspec peering on top of our current rtbh...
they refused because we run cisco they run junos and their support strongly reasoned against doing so...
and well, maybe they were right: https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/ip-outage-centurylink-network-caused-flowspec-mitigation-says-cloudflare-ceo/
br,
Yes, obviously a lot of potential complications with FlowSpec,
if used between networks and between different vendors.

Best Regards
David

cs