geteduroam - getting started with geteduroam

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service

getting started with geteduroam

  • From: Gheorghiță Butnaru <gheorghita.butnaru AT staff.tuiasi.ro>
  • To: geteduroam AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: getting started with geteduroam
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 16:00:38 +0200

Hello,

Recently we received access to CAT admin and did some testing with the eduroamCAT app.
In the past few days, I saw some posts on the cat mailing list about the CAT update and the plan to migrate to the geteduroam app.

Today I tested the app (android 8 and 10) with a profile downloaded from cat.eduroam.org. Everything worked fine compared to the eduroamCAT, which generate a certificate error on the radius server (https://lists.geant.org/sympa/arc/cat-users/2021-02/msg00015.html).

Thanks to the fact that we didn't promote the CAT to our users, I want to start testing with the geteduroam project.
Right now, I am interested in some guidance:
- what do we need to do to be part of the list of institutions?
- are there any news about hosted geteduroam solution within GÉANT?
- we can try with a self-hosted geteduroam server, are there any directions for that?

Thanks,
Gheorghita BUTNARU,
Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iaşi