edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN SAML profile and MDS update

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN SAML profile and MDS update

  • From: Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN SAML profile and MDS update
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 17:24:45 +0100

* Etienne Dysli Metref <etienne.dysli-metref AT switch.ch> [2019-11-20 17:17]:
> edugain-sg seems to be a closed list though (no public archive).

"sg" stands for "steering group", so yes, it's a closed list.

The expectation so far (well, at least my own) has been that the 2
people per federation who are official delegates -- see
https://technical.edugain.org//governance -- would share / pass
onrelevant information within each federation.

In this case I guess noone (in charge) was aware that an update might
cause this (that bug having been reported in 2011 notwithstanding),
otherwise this would have been communicated, of course.

Shit happens, and usually when you're not expecting it to happen.

This is a bit like people complaining why there was no log event about
some software crashing -- well, the software was crashing, it didn't
have time to write that it was about to crash to the log. ;)

Cheers,
-peter