edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] publishers

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] publishers

  • From: Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] publishers
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 09:47:47 +0100

* yamaji AT nii.ac.jp <yamaji AT nii.ac.jp> [2015-01-15 08:48]:
> > > This discussion is a little bit difficult for me, therefore, I would
> > > like to focus on to the efficient keyrollover story.
> >
> > Difficult why?
>
> Since it's gonna be the interface story.

So what are we gonna do about the fact that their UIs (at least,
possibly also other processes) is broken when integrating with
publishers via eduGAIN?

Insist on them JEFOP (Joining Every Federation On the Planet) -- i.e.,
conceding that eduGAIN is unusable with commercial publishers -- only
because that's the traditional way we used to get them to amend their
IDP discovery UI to actually include IDPs from payig subscribers?

> > 2. Not a topic for the eduGAIN list but REEP isn't a production
> > service yet, AFAIK. The metadata signing key from REEP will change
>
> Supporting eduGAIN or REEP affect federation operation directly.
> I would like to have further exchange at the mutual space.
> Is it better to move on to the REFEDS ML?

I specifically meant that discussing the current status quo of the
REEP service (whether it should be considered a production quality
system or not, etc.) is not a topic for this list.
But yes, any REEP discussion should probably take place on REFEDS.
No reason to restrict that to the eduGAIN community.
-peter