edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] Tool to monitor which IdP consumes your SP's metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] Tool to monitor which IdP consumes your SP's metadata

  • From: Mikael Linden <mikael.linden AT csc.fi>
  • To: <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>
  • Cc: jmisutka AT gmail.com
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] Tool to monitor which IdP consumes your SP's metadata
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 16:46:50 +0300 (EEST)

Dear eduGAIN-discuss,

One of the issues in eduGAIN is that an SP admin does not know which IdPs actually consume the SP’s metadata. The SP admin may not want to show an IdP in the Discovery Service if the IdP would just present a nasty error message to the end user.

Jozef Misutka of Charles University in Czech republic has implemented a tool which takes (eduGAIN) SAML2 metadata, browses through the IdPs and gives a try for each of them. See  Jozef’s mail below. The tool has been implemented for the CLARIN community and is available in:

https://lindat.mff.cuni.cz/secure/aai-idps-weblicht

I wonder if this tool is interesting for the eduGAIN community in general, and if it could be provided/supported as part of the eduGAIN service.

Cheers,

mikael