cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam Probleme

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam Probleme

  • From: Lukas Wringer <Lukas.Wringer AT rz.uni-augsburg.de>
  • To: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam Probleme
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 18:47:46 +0200

Hi,

> I have looked at the ku.de .mobilconfig: There is no wired config, so
> the error makes even less sense.

Actually there is, downloaded from cat.eduroam.org - Line 184 and
further:

<key>PayloadDescription</key>
<string>eduroam® Konfiguration fÌr
Kabelnetzwerke</string>
<key>PayloadDisplayName</key>
<string>eduroam® - Kabelgebundenes Netzwerk</string>
<key>PayloadIdentifier</key>

> It turned that we could work around this by connecting a compatible
USB-to-Ethernet adapter once to the device.

As I said either removing every trace of missing ones or adding a
working one should help ;-)

Maybe having a merged profile for wired & wireless isn't a good idea as
long as Apple won't fix that (either if caused erratically when it
never had ethernet or a no longer connected one from the past).

Greetings, Lukas

--
Lukas Wringer

Universität Augsburg