cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] 802.1X for wired interface.

Re: [[cat-users]] 802.1X for wired interface.

  • From: Daniele Albrizio <albrizio AT units.it>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] 802.1X for wired interface.
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 17:57:59 +0100

We (University of Trieste) knew about this "bug"? I'd rather say not yet implemented feature.

Till now we worked around it by manual configuring devices without a wifi card/dongle.

This feature would be useful for PCs and MACs with only wired port since we already have and are planning to implement wired 802.1x even wider in our campus.

In some places we have "funny" people that disconnect fixed PCs to connect their laptop. We would like to correlate generated network traffic (if not for the abusive disconnect operation ;-D ).