cat-users - [[cat-users]] 802.1X for wired interface.

[[cat-users]] 802.1X for wired interface.

  • From: Nicolás Velázquez Campoy <nicolas.velazquez AT uam.es>
  • To: <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] 802.1X for wired interface.
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 13:32:53 +0100

Hello

We are making tests to expand 802.1X over the wired network. It would be very comfortable if we could use eduroamcat or geteduroam for that deployment.

The problem appears in desktop computers that only have a wired network and do not have a Wi-Fi interface

In this case, eduroamcat does NOT install a certificate nor profile.

It shows an error message saying that it can't install anything because there is no wifi interface.

We know eduroamcat is legacy and it will not continue in the next future.

Geteduroam does install a certificate, but it does not show the success message that it shows when the computer has a Wi-Fi interface.

And it doesn't activate the necessary windows service or change the necessary parameters in the wired interface.

Is this something that will be solved in future updates or do we need to set up our own additional workaround to solve it?

Kind regards

Nicolás Velázquez Campoy

Unidad Técnica de Comunicaciones
Tecnologías de la Información
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid • Campus de Cantoblanco
c/ Fco Tomás y Valiente nº 11. Edificio B EPS, despacho TI-205 - 28049, Madrid
Tel.: 914973321 –
nicolas.velazquez AT uam.eswww.uam.es