cat-users - RE: [[cat-users]] 802.1X for wired interface.

RE: [[cat-users]] 802.1X for wired interface.

  • From: Nicolás Velázquez Campoy <nicolas.velazquez AT uam.es>
  • To: <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: RE: [[cat-users]] 802.1X for wired interface.
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:15:41 +0100

Hello Martin,

I'm sorry. I did not explain it well enough.

We are only interested (now) in how the eduroamcat and geteduroam apps work
on desktop computers because we are extending 802.1X over wired networks.
The problem only arises when desktop computer doesn´t have wifi interface.
Smartphones with wired network are not known for me.

Eduroamcat server works well serving profiles in both cases, eduroamcat and
geteduroam, but both apps don't install wired profile alone.

I understand the distribution of right profiles for portable devices is the
main goal for eduroamcat "project".
If you want to configure some tablets or smartphones in a right and secure
way by hand, it could be a nightmare.
eduroamcat "makes" it very easy for all people. Good work.

Wired only devices are not a main goal.
Jørn Åne said that this is a secondary goal. Thanks for such info.
Ok for me. I know the status and the forecast for this issue now.

Kind regards,

Nicolás Velázquez Campoy
Unidad Técnica de Comunicaciones
Tecnologías de la Información
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid • Campus de Cantoblanco
c/ Fco Tomás y Valiente nº 11. Edificio B EPS, despacho TI-205 - 28049, Madrid
Tel.: 914973321 – nicolas.velazquez AT uam.es - www.uam.es