cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Correct method for certificate rollover in CAT?

Re: [[cat-users]] Correct method for certificate rollover in CAT?

  • From: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Correct method for certificate rollover in CAT?
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 23:26:45 +0200

Hi,

On 15.10.21 17:02, Tony Skalski wrote:
Because we had a small window to make the change (~2 months) we used another method. I took the opportunity to add the anonymous outer identity to our new config and used the absence of said identity to proxy the requests (from clients with the old config) to our old RADIUS servers.

Isn't this exactly the same procedure as the one described by Jan-Frederik?
Except you had to implement the fork in RADIUS processing somewhere outside
the terminating RADIUS perhaps (NPS perhaps being not as flexible as
Freeradius here).

The approach with two CA/Names living in parallel for some time sounds much
cleaner, though.
If geteduroam can handle this on all platforms it supports, it will really
ease this kind
of migration.

Greetings, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly Phone: +49-6421-28-23527
HRZ Univ. Marburg Fax: +49-6421-28-26994