cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Correct method for certificate rollover in CAT?

Re: [[cat-users]] Correct method for certificate rollover in CAT?

  • From: Louis Twomey <louis.twomey AT heanet.ie>
  • To: Paul Dekkers <paul.dekkers AT surf.nl>
  • Cc: Guy Halse <guy AT tenet.ac.za>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Correct method for certificate rollover in CAT?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 10:04:39 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-IE, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=heanet.ie; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=heanet.ie; dkim=pass header.d=heanet.ie; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=CwMWEmxMrP7DgEp45gBpbCrTbHAWDBgmaVKgn93i2rI=; b=dAA6pRkIpae2m04hqgb/pIbQ8LAT66OhL+IJyieY1PK+hNVQLnor2LdwnBbg7237/WEl8iqhUNvvdI1tGcRcs+Id2pSGmAxoEqYf/ia0+URy5gPZrUyHyZCMPsVZD63PTj7lVtfvsLdXH2brcJvtuLAxka3NxVOqbQvENk5V7nA7p5L49I017JDJyvDO46NReEwh9t4HjhokeRyi+Dh3qdurXV3mTrbOx0puXcAm5FaRJSkg0X234OsvQyvKGSsePUpnbqShIqm/gAnHljuAiBo8zmTIQTyyArcDLAFzQ1MR8tk2K6dcPdPhJ9HTQ03Qs2+6IcMav/IHkPTlsGbnAw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=asbsOGjd9h91+wN9Y8Jgo9V0Izb20mCFijkRgkzi+OkIeWTx3ZQ+NKTmU86yXrrJY4Ix9aygBfHiTpBekFxoQH4jNCXFxjmC5wzuw5xvHBjFWtQbf1Pb+1K2wtH/kLUvwkaDe9QBkjG1HQEeB3kOcEHUegB/9ZQiv1BIulsAv/XUAmY3PEu8E0luLHJchWePY1Ru8hMkVwtyd0exfFrwgF6cR2V4JpGh/bX/wy8NxVLnTP6GMvxcBayaACSfaDjyqQW1rR9nJfo+9ia4YBSbnZ9C9Sv2U07+2GKKukHgFLEDF+xk4uAQkj9296IcleoK+pO0poDPoUz/6/Ez7Vcesw==

Hi Guy,
Android < 7.1 does not allow more than one CA to be installed with a profile,
so with those devices you have no way to cleanly migrate and you basically
cut them off when you switch to the new server cert.

Regards,
Louis
-------
Louis Twomey
Technical Architect
PGP key: C77D9256
HEAnet CLG, Ireland’s National Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George’s Dock, IFSC, Dublin D01 X8N7, Ireland
+353 (0)1 6609040 louis.twomey AT heanet.ie www.heanet.ie
Registered in Ireland, No. 275301. CRA No. 20036270