cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Correct method for certificate rollover in CAT?

Re: [[cat-users]] Correct method for certificate rollover in CAT?

  • From: Louis Twomey <louis.twomey AT heanet.ie>
  • To: Guy Halse <guy AT tenet.ac.za>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>, Paul Dekkers <paul.dekkers AT surf.nl>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Correct method for certificate rollover in CAT?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 16:34:10 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-IE, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=heanet.ie; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=heanet.ie; dkim=pass header.d=heanet.ie; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=BFhaLWEwZRW7snanxkux3/Edys0dXgwtqCD1Ou7ReYQ=; b=Z3bPbUhk3gXamxky+RntCTuSkDS5t1DHTCd61RM15o/x4d4nEPoriyBZUYdWZtteXnQ8KR5mUjm6Y3FUl+wCp9ncCw564wD7Sjo9FyDgVVra4XmXOTxOXG8HVNffcHOco/i7Uj7EJIxFUnRFSXpMKdKlnTCD7qpqP5lyOxR0zPKqrW7uX+UD7q1kpXSG0x2J1iKxbdYtYKHQsDhzB2RlFjc05AbEWlcsCq94gukeTbrab2j3UftI1KTem8JIbQ/lvCdiI/E2IyorVwd1NzSZ+opl7qazl9RJcNGaWC9/LFgxnkX9XWtutn+vdz2oyRcZ35JGIEgKtPyy0hpPc7eu8A==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=md8T19Yhn1uCbtZy0YPe39kczIfQ3OcA0Ekmt9b7WSEkHne9hiKX+0Hj82v3X7Ul0StaNSMZV/VoWZrxycJ9clo+tbOXI3bMZkT0EF9rSdR78nooTFlEMKLWq0PybBebelEaODQar6QvUY1nFknqPzvdQxRC0ghbRxbigqS2VaX+K8yrF7uAcZB98CVz243am7aJVWCnKgwX791chZ2MNnxygQLHApb6fc3K/nh4hfw5GLfH8Ie0u0OUL2qbY928pIzJaKLEDOYhxZjRRhD4ufWyZPSet9C6krD0q9ZM6XfzBHw0oYxWTsm1sU/KKGSX4JFZ3axBSXioRItTrJtrOA==

Hi Guy,
Apologies, my mail was far too simplistic, and therefore misleading/wrong.

As already mentioned by others, you can do creative things on the Radius
server to continue to authenticate Android < 7.1 users against the old
certificate, giving you the means of migrating those users over time rather
than cutting them all off immediately.

Regards,
Louis
-------
Louis Twomey
Technical Architect
PGP key: C77D9256
HEAnet CLG, Ireland’s National Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George’s Dock, IFSC, Dublin D01 X8N7, Ireland
+353 (0)1 6609040 louis.twomey AT heanet.ie www.heanet.ie
Registered in Ireland, No. 275301. CRA No. 20036270