cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Can't download profile with default browser?

Re: [[cat-users]] Can't download profile with default browser?

  • From: Paul Gunn <paul.gunn AT reannz.co.nz>
  • To: Ruben M <ruben.menendez AT upc.edu>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Can't download profile with default browser?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 17:48:49 +1300

Ruben,

I've also seen this sort of problem when I was trying to help a (remote) user enrolling into eduroam Managed IdP.

They were scanning the QR code for their Managed IdP with a random QR scanner on their phone. It was automatically trying to open the page with whatever cut down browser it defaulted to. I could see their number of devices registered to that user climbing in the Managed IdP console. but they were never progressing to the "now I have a download file" stage.

It was only when they took the URL from the QR code, and pasted it into a *real* browser on their phone, then the configuration downloaded, and they were able to enrol.

I don't know how to solve this. Apart from warning people about it.

pg.

Paul Gunn
Systems Administrator

Research & Education