cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CAT-Test (beta) UI feedback

Re: [[cat-users]] CAT-Test (beta) UI feedback

  • From: "Zenon Mousmoulas" <zmousm AT noc.grnet.gr>
  • To: "Tomasz Wolniewicz" <twoln AT umk.pl>, "Darren Wheatcroft" <Darren.Wheatcroft AT nottingham.ac.uk>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CAT-Test (beta) UI feedback
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 10:06:10 +0000

September 20, 2018 12:41 PM, "Tomasz Wolniewicz"
<twoln AT umk.pl>
wrote:

> Thanks for that.
> My current approach to the footer problem is to check if all fits on the
> screen and in the case it
> does push the footer to the bottom of the screen, in case it does not push
> it to the bottom of the
> page. Obviously some screens were not tested properly.
> I have made a change that seems to take care of the main problem, but I
> still see come others.
> Could you take another look?

I think the issue arises after institution selection, at which point
positioning does not adjust upon dynamically inserted elements.

> I have observed another problem the may be difficult to handle - University
> of Nottingham has a
> very long URL pointing to their local help page. We have always considered
> it a good idea to show
> the link as it is, but in the case it gets long, the screen is not wide
> enough and the line cannot
> be broken, the result is not too great.

Hiding the excess part of the URL like this is perhaps a good idea (taken
from
https://github.com/Uninett/eduroam-configurator/blob/master/www/style/eduroam.css)

.cat-support-contact > span {
overflow: hidden;