cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT hot-fix

Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT hot-fix

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>, "eduroam AT lists.geant.org" <eduroam AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT hot-fix
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 14:42:05 +0200

Hi,
We have just realised that the change we have made can have one
unpleasant consequence, that has just backfired at us at my university.
If you provide your own links to CAT then until today you could point to
W8 installer and it would run on W10. As of today this is no longer
true, the W8 installer will refuse to run on W10, therefore you need to
provide a separate link.

Cheers
Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576