cat-users - [[cat-users]] Windows installer notification

[[cat-users]] Windows installer notification

  • From: David Andrus <david_andrus AT byu.edu>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Windows installer notification
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 21:12:54 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Now that I’ve got my Windows installers back (thanks again Tomasz!) I’ve got another question.  As part of the installation process an alert window pops up that says “This installer will only work properly if you are a member of Brigham Young University and the user group: Eduroam”

Is there any way to configure the installer through the CAT tool to not have that notification?  That seems to me like it would be confusing to non-technical users and have them stop to wonder if they can really use it and probably generate a fair share of unnecessary helpdesk calls.  I don’t know what other institutions are doing but we are allowing all faculty, staff, and students to make use of eduroam through our campus so this message has no benefit for our users.

David Andrus
Network Product Manager
Brigham Young University
(801)422-0969 - Office