cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Can we update the text on the eduroam CAT download page?

Re: [[cat-users]] Can we update the text on the eduroam CAT download page?

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • Cc: David Susman <dasusman AT vassar.edu>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>, than AT itu.dk
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Can we update the text on the eduroam CAT download page?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 08:46:29 +0000

Hi,

> > Vassar specifics would need to be more generic (e.g., mention of user
> > certificates would need to be added back and servicedesk would change to
> > helpdesk....):

<snip>

> The other change, in terms of "Welcome aboard" vs. "Welcome to" is not a
> question of grammar IMHO, but of taste/style.

<snip>

I would suggest that we are given access to either having our own welcome
message
(in different languages) - or that we have a lookup table so that we can put
in suitable words
instead.....as, has been mentioned, we all have different names

service desk,
help desk,
user support department,
pc clinic,