cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Can we update the text on the eduroam CAT download page?

Re: [[cat-users]] Can we update the text on the eduroam CAT download page?

  • From: David Susman <dasusman AT vassar.edu>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: than AT itu.dk
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Can we update the text on the eduroam CAT download page?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 07:39:49 -0400

Thanks Thomas.  I didn't know about that pop-up so your advice was really helpful.

I know this will come across as preachy butI was referring to the message on the following page where the download takes place.  The English version needs some editing.  If I had access to that text, I would make the following adjustments.  If it has to be global, then the Vassar specifics would need to be more generic (e.g., mention of user certificates would need to be added back and servicedesk would change to helpdesk....):

This:

Welcome aboard the eduroam user community!

Your download will start shortly, in case of problems with the automatic download please use this direct link.

Dear user from Vassar College,

we would like to warmly welcome you among the several million users of eduroam! From now on, you will be able to use internet access resources on thousands of universities, research centres and other places all over the globe. All of this completely free of charge!

Now that you have downloaded and installed a client configurator, all you need to do is find an eduroam hotspot in your vicinity and enter your user credentials (this is our fancy name for 'username and password' or 'personal certificate') - and be online!

Should you have any problems using this service, please always contact the servicedesk of Vassar College. They will diagnose the problem and help you out. You can reach them via the means shown above.

Becomes:

Welcome to the eduroam user community!

Your download will start shortly.  In case of problems with the automatic download, please use this direct link.

Dear Vassar College user,

We are happy to have you join the millions users of eduroam! From now on, you will be able to use internet resources from thousands of universities, research centers and other places all over the globe -- all completely free of charge!

Now that you have downloaded and installed a client configurator, all you need to do is find an eduroam hotspot in your vicinity and enter your user credentials (username AT vassar.edu and password) to be online!

Should you have any problems using this service, please contact the Vassar College helpdesk. They will diagnose the problem and help you. You can reach them at address shown above.

Thanks,
David

David Susman
Assoc. Director of Networks and Systems and Webmanager
Computing and Information Services -- box 13
Vassar College