cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Feature request for login name

Re: [[cat-users]] Feature request for login name

  • From: Louis Twomey <louis.twomey AT heanet.ie>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Feature request for login name
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 17:39:30 +0100

Hi Tomasz,
One of our client sites has usernames in their database which include an
'@' character (those account names are basically e-mail addresses e.g.
a.b AT gmail.com),
so their users use an eduroam inner username which does
not include their realm (since two occurrences of '@' in the inner
identity is not supported by many/any wireless clients).

There are other solutions to the problems posed by such usernames, but
leaving the realm out of the inner identity is the simplest. It's a very
unusual scenario, I expect, but it is one (small) argument in favour of
making automatic addition of the realm an optional feature.

Regards,
Louis.

--
HEAnet Limited
louis.twomey AT heanet.ie

--- Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail ---