cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT App sources available

Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT App sources available

  • From: Ralf Jung <jung AT mpi-sws.org>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT App sources available
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 11:50:45 +0100

Hi,

> Please follow the instructions described under "SVN Access" here:
>
> https://forge.geant.net/forge/display/CAT/Downloads
>
> The source to the Android app is, unsurprisingly, under androidsource/trunk.

Thank you very much!

When building the source, I had to replace the file "local.properties".
In fact, that file is not usually checked into VCS for other projects I
downloaded, and it even contains a comment saying

> # This file must *NOT* be checked into Version Control Systems,
> # as it contains information specific to your local configuration.

Then, "gradle assemble" works fine. I cannot yet test the app, as my
institute is not the the eduroamCAT database yet. (They are working on it.)

> I like to understand why people need/want source code to the app.

In my case, I'd like to use the app on my phone without installing Play
Store. Compiling it myself is a viable option.

Kind regards,
Ralf