cat-users - [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT App sources available

[[cat-users]] eduroamCAT App sources available

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, Ralf Jung <jung AT mpi-sws.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT App sources available
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 11:20:17 +0100

Hello,

the Android app sources are now ported to the public SVN repository and
ready for your viewing pleasure.

Please follow the instructions described under "SVN Access" here:

https://forge.geant.net/forge/display/CAT/Downloads

The source to the Android app is, unsurprisingly, under androidsource/trunk.

During our relocation of source from the previous repo to this publicly
accessible one, unfortunately SVN commit history was lost. But that
doesn't strike me as terribly important.

I like to understand why people need/want source code to the app.

Is it just curiosity, or the desire to audit us? That's fine; please do
send bug reports etc. to the dedicated App contact address
"playstore AT eduroam.org".

If however people want the source thinking that it's a good idea to fork
the code, let me clearly state that I want to avoid that. Forks are
always a matter of last resort when the code owner is unreasonable. I
like to think of us being reasonable persons; I would much rather accept
patches if you find something in the app not to your liking. That way,
the entire Android user community can benefit from such fixes. Please do
talk to us before forking.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche