cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] [eduroam] Strange behaviour of WP 8.1

Re: [[cat-users]] [eduroam] Strange behaviour of WP 8.1

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk, Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, eduroam AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] [eduroam] Strange behaviour of WP 8.1
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:43:59 +0100

Hi,

if there's a Microsoft guru around...

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn941732%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

This describes some kind of test suite to test Wi-Fi TTLS-MSCHAPv2
roaming scenarios.

The text reads:

"This test performs the following actions:

Configures two routers, that are named Router 0 and Router 1, as
follows:
Router 0 – 2.4Ghz : WPA2Enterprise(TTLS-MSCHAPv2)/TKIP
[Preferred PHY G/Channel 11]"

Well they confuse "router" with "AP / authentication server" but the
point is that this test suite actually makes the required steps for a
working authentication scenario.

If someone were to actually run this test, that someone would be able to
see which certificate this test produces - and then we'd know what's in it.

But how to get hold of the test itself (some scipt?) I have no idea.

And this is for Windows 10 Desktop; but my faint hope is that a similar
test exists for WP.

This is definitely beyond my area of expertise though. If someone feels
like picking it up...

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche