cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] absence of CAT warnings when root CA does not match

Re: [[cat-users]] absence of CAT warnings when root CA does not match

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Sverrir Davíðsson <sverrir AT thekking.is>, eduroam CAT Feedback <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] absence of CAT warnings when root CA does not match
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:32:06 +0100

Hi,

okay... the mere fact that Windows presents the chain as it does -
placing a root cert as an intermediate under another, unrelated root,
means that something is very odd with the GoDaddy chain.

I'm still investigating why cat.eduroam.org did not warn you about the
chain mismatch. My development machine which runs almost exactly the
same code does warn me.

I'm thinking it may have to with very subtle version differences of
openssl on my dev vs. the production machine, but I'm still
investigating together with the OT.

de la Recherche
2, avenue de l'Université
L-4365 Esch-sur-Alzette