cat-users - Re: [cat-users] query about eduroam access for UPMC

Re: [cat-users] query about eduroam access for UPMC

  • From: Sylvie Dupuy <sylvie.dupuy AT upmc.fr>
  • To: stefan.winter AT restena.lu
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] query about eduroam access for UPMC
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:00:44 +0200

Le 30 sept. 2015 à 14:16, stefan.winter AT restena.lu a écrit :

Hello,

I have been reported by users that University of Paris 6 Pierre et Marie Curie was not listed in the WAYF list when trying to get associated by wifi in Polland. I actually do not know if UPMC disappeared from WAYF lists of other european countries.

I for one do not know which WAYF list you are talking about.

eduroam authentication does not need any WAYF service; it`s all in the realm suffix of the username.
As the user talked about a list, I got confused with Identity providers and shibboleth, sorry.

If the institution has disappeared, then that is due to a conscious choice by the institution administrator. If he either un-checks the "production-ready" flag or removes essential parts of the configuration which are required for installer generation, then the profile will become invisible indeed.
ok

Using PEAP is indeed a consideration. But your comment makes me curious... which other supplicants that provide TTLS support besides SecureW2 do you have? Can you provide examples? Because in our experience, TTLS supplicants are a scarce resource these days unless you pay significant licensing prices.

I have not been involved in deploying secured wifi since a long time but as far as I can remember we switched from Securew2 to open1X, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for the quick  answer

Thanks for your answer,

Best regards,

Sylvie Dupuy