cat-users - Re: [cat-users] query about eduroam access for UPMC

Re: [cat-users] query about eduroam access for UPMC

  • From: stefan.winter AT restena.lu
  • To: Sylvie Dupuy <sylvie.dupuy AT upmc.fr>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] query about eduroam access for UPMC
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:16:24 +0200

I have been reported by users that University of Paris 6 Pierre et Marie Curie was not listed in the WAYF list when trying to get associated by wifi in Polland. I actually do not know if UPMC disappeared from WAYF lists of other european countries.

I for one do not know which WAYF list you are talking about.

eduroam authentication does not need any WAYF service; it`s all in the realm suffix of the username.

If you mean the one on the CAT user download page - that is a globally accessible website. Entries don`t appear "in Poland" - they are either there or not.

If the institution has disappeared, then that is due to a conscious choice by the institution administrator. If he either un-checks the "production-ready" flag or removes essential parts of the configuration which are required for installer generation, then the profile will become invisible indeed.

Recently, we got into trouble with SecureW2 because one of our laboratory provided the CAT tool on its website. All other laboratories used other TTLS supplicants since SecureW2 stopped to be freeware some years ago.

I am wondering if actually all EAP-TTLS supplicants are prohibited (SecureW2 and other types of supplicants), is this true ? should we consider using EAP-PEAP ?

Using PEAP is indeed a consideration. But your comment makes me curious... which other supplicants that provide TTLS support besides SecureW2 do you have? Can you provide examples? Because in our experience, TTLS supplicants are a scarce resource these days unless you pay significant licensing prices.

Thanks for your answer,

Best regards,

Sylvie Dupuy

--