cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Impossible to download Windows client

Re: [cat-users] Impossible to download Windows client

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Michele de Varda <michele.devarda AT unimi.it>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Cc: "eduroam AT unimi.it" <eduroam AT unimi.it>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Impossible to download Windows client
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 11:46:41 +0200

Hi,

> thank you for your help, this configuration seems to work :-)

Great!

> I have a question: during the installation of a CAT profile on an
> Android KitKat device the installer didn't complete the installation and
> appeared a warning message like this "You have to set a pin code for the
> password manager..."
> Is it a normal behavior?

Yes, a user can't install a new CA certificate unless he protects the
device with a screen lock (a "swipe gesture" should be enough though,
doesn't have to be a PIN).

(Sure, this does not serve any useful purpose, but it's how the Android
overlords want it to be. Complain in a bug report and observe how it is
dumped into their /dev/null :-( )

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche