cat-users - Re: [cat-users] [Fwd: Problem with CAT eduroam]

Re: [cat-users] [Fwd: Problem with CAT eduroam]

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Luis Castro <lcastro AT cudi.edu.mx>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] [Fwd: Problem with CAT eduroam]
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 07:58:56 +0200

Hello again,

> I forward you this problem, can you help me with this. I couldn't link a
> new institution with eduroam database, I show you some images about the
> error. Can you help us.

Still scratching my head on this one.

My first question is - what did you want to link it to? According to the
eduroam database, Mexico has only exactly one IdP/SP entity, CUDI.

CUDI exists in the CAT and is linked to the eduroam database already.
This means that CAT has 0 unmapped entities to display.

From your screenshots, I see a second institution "UNAM". This
institution does not currently exist any more in CAT, I can't find it in
the database for MX. (?)

My guess is that the error occurs only when there are 0 unlinked entries
in the eduroam database.

So... operationally, you should first get your eduroam database data set
complete, with UNAM in it, before attempting to connect the CAT entry to
the then-existing UNAM entry from the eduroam database.

Of course, if that then works, we should go bug-hunting why the path to
the submit button gets garbled in that corner case. Please confirm if
the linking works as soon as you have something to link against :-)

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi