cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Changes for Windows XP, Vista and 7 with EAP-TTLS

Re: [cat-users] Changes for Windows XP, Vista and 7 with EAP-TTLS

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Christian Rank <christian.rank AT uni-passau.de>, "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Changes for Windows XP, Vista and 7 with EAP-TTLS
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:35:16 +0200

Hello,

> I have found a site which seems to host at least the source of the
> SecureW2 client version 3.3:
>> http://en.pudn.com/downloads117/sourcecode/internet/detail499129_en.html
>
> The bad news is, for downloading, you have to become a "VIP member" for
> 35$/month. Perhaps somebody is willing to make this investment to
> "rescue" the case ...

Thanks for trying; we have spotted this one earlier as well. This source
must be from around 2006; the versioning went from "SecureW2 TTLS
Client" versions 1 to 3 (and this is version 3), then renamed itself to
"SecureW2 EAP Suite" version 1 (where 1.1.3 is the last GPL version,
issued 2009).

The EAP Suite versions had fixes for Windows Vista+ so older sources do
not help. In fact we meanwhile have a nice collection of sources for
various versions, but the GPL requires that you make the *exact* sources
which match the binary you distribute available. With SecureW2 EAP Suite
1.1.3, we are not in this position unfortunately.

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER