cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Root certificate

Re: [cat-users] Root certificate

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>, "Caines, Max" <Max.Caines AT wlv.ac.uk>, "CAT-users AT geant.net" <CAT-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Root certificate
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 07:51:56 +0200

Hi,

> It is perfectly fine to install additional root certificates, CAT will
> just mark both of them as trusted.

And if you allow some subtle advertising ;-)

CA Certificate rollover is one of the distinctive features of CAT; we
added it precisely to allow a smooth transition path for operators. :-)

I'm using the feature myself to sneak in our new root CA for all our
customers as our old CA expires in 2016 (always better to be as early as
possible).

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche