cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Unicode support in Windows installers

Re: [cat-users] Unicode support in Windows installers

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Deyan Stoykov <dstoykov AT uni-ruse.bg>, CAT-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Unicode support in Windows installers
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 18:33:38 +0200

Hi Deyan,
This problem comes from the non-utf version of NSIS distributed for
Linux. However the problem should not be too severe, as the Terms of
use should be converted to a proper Windows code page and correctly
displayed in a localised version of Windows.
If you use a German version of CAT on a Bulgarian version of Windows
then you can have problems, but we assume that in the typical case, the
user will choose a language best suited for him and normally the
operating system language and the CAT language version will match.

I suppose your problem comes from the fact that we do not have Bulgarian
language in CAT yet, therefore you are not able to set Bulgarian as a
CAT language and in consequence the charset converter cannot do it's job.

If you like, tomorrow I can set Bulgarian support on
cat-test.eduroam.org (even without any translations) and you should be
able to confirm that things work fine.

Of course, the proper UTF support should be our goal, but on this we
depend on tools like makensis.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication
Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576